Hedge Trimming Sussex
Hedge Cutting & Reductions
There is nothing better than seeing a clean tidy garden with perfectly trimmed hedges, but it can be so hard trying to find the time to get round to doing the job, with a busy work life and commitments, which is why apart from doing tree surgery, we also do hedge trimming and cutting.
Trim Your Hedge Down to the Height You Want
No matter whether you have leylandii or blackthorn hedges, we will trim any hedge down to the height you have asked for.
Hedge Reductions in Sussex
There can be many advantages to reducing your hedge:
- Safety - Rules have been put in place that hedges must not overhang roads or pavements.
- Light - Due to hedges usually being made up of trees and shrubs, they can grow extremely high, therefore blocking out the sun.
- Manageable - By us cutting the hedge to a manageable height, this will mean in future, it will be a much easier and quicker job.
Whether it is the height or the width of the hedge that you need reduced, it is our aim to make your life easier, by helping to do the jobs that you find toughest.
The problem of hedge reduction is that we must take into account what kind of hedge it is that you would like reduced and what state it is in, since this form of action could be harmful to the hedge causing it to die.
When is Best to Have your Hedge Trimmed
Depending on the type of hedge you have, also depends on how often it will need to be trimmed, so here is a list of hedges, how often we recommend to trim them and when is best to trim them:
- Beech - Trim twice a year in early June and early August.
- Berberis - Trimmed after flowered.
- Blackthorn - Trim once a year in June or July.
- Box - Trim back once a year in May.
- Escallonia - With these hedges, it depends if you want them to flower. If this is the case, trim in June, if not then trim in May and then again in late August.
- Hawthorn - Trim once a year in June.
- Holly - Trim once a year in late summer.
- Laurel - Trim once a year in late spring or early summer.
- Leyland Cypress - Trim up to three times a year in April, July and late August.
- Leylandii - Tim once a year in spring or summer.
- Privet - Trim two to three times a year in mid-spring.
- Yew - Trim once a year in either summer or early autumn.
CJF Green Care
are a professional tree surgery company
, based in North Chailey, offering high quality all-in-one tree care services to customers in all the surrounding areas in Sussex including but not limited to:
, East Sussex
, Bognor Regis
, Ore Valley
, Tunbridge Wells
Copyright © CJF Green Care. All rights reserved - One Base Media
CJF Green Care - 7 Down View, North Chailey - Sussex, BN8 4HB - Tel.: 01825 723904 - Mobile: 07864 846549