Crown Thinning Sussex
Tree Crown Reduction / Pruning
Trees can grow to impressive heights and bloom each year round with beautiful leaves, but while this may be lovely to look at, trees can go through a lot of problems while also causing us a lot of problems. When we experience this, then it is time for tree thinning.
What is Crown Thinning?
Unlike crown reduction, where you reduce the tree's height or width, with crown thinning we simply reduce the amount of branches on the crown of the tree, while allowing it to keep its width and height.
Why are Crowns Thinned?
Tree crowns are often thinned due to their crown growing too thick and dense that it makes it harder for the wind to pass through, therefore causing damage to the tree branches. Also, the tree branches can become increasingly heavy, along with some being diseased, making crown thinning all the more important.
There is also the problem of the tree's crown growing too thick, that it blocks sunlight from reaching your house.
The Process of Crown Thinning
During the process of crown thinning, we climb up into the crown of the tree and do the hard task of checking to see if any of the branches are diseased, dead or damaged. Any of the branches suffering from these problems will get cut down.
Once all of the problem branches having been cut down, the tree fellas then cut down any extra and unneeded foliage, to help make it easier for the sunlight and wind to pass through the tree.
The Advantages of Crown Thinning
There are several advantages of crown thinning:
- Sunlight - By thinning out the crown of the tree, this will make it easier for the sunlight to pass through, meaning that you will get more light through to your property.
- Safety - Crown thinning is a good option to help make the tree safer, since it is no longer battling against the force of the wind, causing damage to its branches.
- Healthier - As crown thinning is a form of pruning, this is a healthy and less harsh option for the tree unlike e.g. pollarding. By cutting off the heavy, broken and diseased branches of the tree, this is encouraging it to grow bigger and stronger.
- Disease - Trees catch diseases which can kill them, so by thinning the crown and cutting off the diseased or decaying parts of the tree will go on to help protect it from the disease spreading.
- Beauty - Many people think that trees look even more beautiful with their crowns thinned.
- Balance - supporting heavy branches can be tough on the tree, so while the tree fellas thin the crown, they help by removing the tough and heavy branches, while helping to balance the tree out.
CJF Green Care
are a professional tree surgery company
, based in North Chailey, offering high quality all-in-one tree care services to customers in all the surrounding areas in Sussex including but not limited to:
, East Sussex
, Bognor Regis
, Ore Valley
, Tunbridge Wells
Copyright © CJF Green Care. All rights reserved - One Base Media
CJF Green Care - 7 Down View, North Chailey - Sussex, BN8 4HB - Tel.: 01825 723904 - Mobile: 07864 846549